Premed 101 Forums

# of interviews vs # of seats at UofT

Am I right in thinking it's 200 interviews for 70 seats?

Hey,

It's actually 210 if you include the international students for 68 seats. But every year the waiting list moves by about 20-30 seats so U of T usually makes 85+ offers before they can fill the class. Good luck.

Cheers,

:)

Does anybody know how many OOP interviews were handed out. Does the OOP waitlist move at all ? So, do our marks mean nothing now? Is it all interview or just a large chunk of their final formula ( i.e is their difference between 3.75 and 3.9) .thanks

It's really hard to say. Noticing trends in the past 2 years, I would say approx 20 spots

Then again, 20 people failed the interview this year which usually doesn't happen. (usually it is about 10 people).

Also it depends if the people who got into UBC or are high on the waitlist applied anywhere else in Canada.

________

FORD SCORPIO SPECIFICATIONS

Does anybody know how many OOP interviews were handed out. Does the OOP waitlist move at all ? So, do our marks mean nothing now? Is it all interview or just a large chunk of their final formula ( i.e is their difference between 3.75 and 3.9) .thanks

Sorry, I wasn't clear... I'm a rookie to the site. I was talking about U of T

Is it true that most of the acceptance are u of t students. I seen this in several stats...is this true?

It's not that the Admission committee favours UofT grads personally, but I can certainly say that most of the class members are from UofT, I'd say around 1/3 of my class did their undergrad at U of T.

Cheers,

:)

Is it true that most of the acceptance are u of t students. I seen this in several stats...is this true?

Absolutely NOT! I have a friend that graduated from Dentistry at U of T and he said most of his classmates were former YORK students. It goes to show you that when choosing and undergrad as a stepping stone to professional school, just pick the easiest one that will get you the best marks.

Archived