Premed 101 Forums

Official U of S interview thread

Yeah I was notified by email earlier today. Yes the dates are in conflict, my Sask interview is for March 31 and the u of t is scheduled for April 1. I want to go to them both. Looks like I'll be flying from Halifax to Sask and then back to Toronto and then back to Hali. Damn :mad:

hi wishywish,

i see you're from halifax so i'm guessing you go to dalhousie...do you know if they've sent out the first round of invites yet? I know the first interviews are march 16 & 17...that's less than 2 weeks away and i live in BC so i want to know if i should even be thinking about travel plans. thanks.

sorry this is off topic from U of S

I have the U of T interview on April 1 as well, so I definitely won't be going to Saskatoon the day before. I'm going to have to transfer my UBC and/or Alberta interview scores. I don't know about you guys, but if I could pick Saskatchewan would be my last choice.

Yeah I was notified by email earlier today. Yes the dates are in conflict, my Sask interview is for March 31 and the u of t is scheduled for April 1. I want to go to them both. Looks like I'll be flying from Halifax to Sask and then back to Toronto and then back to Hali. Damn :mad:

Oh Wishy,

You're going to be some pooped. Good luck on the travels, and try to sleep as much as you can. Sask looks to be pretty fun, so all the best

• 2 weeks later...

wishy--u could just transfer ur scores if you don't wanna fly that much (unless you want to go to sask to check out the facilities, which is totally understandable :))...i applied to usask twice and sent my scores in from dal both times and i got accepted both times without me ever going to sask (i got waitlisted the first time and then got an offer and the second time i got an offer)...good luck with all your interviews!

hello

cgpa 3.9/4.3

DAT-ranged from 16-24 with avg being 19 i believe...not stellar, but good enough for me!

for sask, it's mostly about marks (interview was only worth 10%)

i hear a lot of ppl don't go there if they are accepted somewhere else b/c of the high tuition of oop (32k the last time i checked!)

dentite I know I could choose not to fly to Sask or Toronto, but I really screwed up my Dal interview last year and would rather have 3 completely independent shots at getting into dent somewhere rather than saving a few thousand dollars. I'm getting sick of applying and just want to get in somewhere.

Have you guys heard anything about the curriculum at UofS. I've heard that you spend the first two years with meds, but I've also heard you start working with a drill in the first two weeks of class. Does anyone know which of the two is true? Or where I can find out, I couldn't find it on the uofs website.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived