Premed 101 Forums

Getting to Toronto General Hospital from Pearson Airport

You can take the "Toronto Airport Express" shuttle bus and get off at the Delta Chelsea or at the Bus Station and it's a very short walk to TGH from there. It's not tremendously fast, but it's faster than the TTC and much more comfortable, especially since you won't have to worry about navigating the subway while you are worrying about your interview! Details are at http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/, but you don't have to buy tickets or anything in advance, just follow the signs to the airport express booth in the airport.

If you do take the TTC, you want to get off at Queen's Park rather than College for a slightly shorter walk, if you're going straight to TGH.

A cab will run you about fifty bucks, to the best of my recollection. I've only done it once - I usually take the shuttle bus if I am coming downtown from the airport.

Also, we all said the same thing in this thread: http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11966 :)

Yeah, a cab is around $50 from the airport to downtown. I don't find the TTC that bad. The bus ride is about 20min and then another 1/2 hour on the subway. The only thing is is that the bus stop might be far from whatever gate you get out on...but they come pretty regularily. Any bus that stops at the airport from the toronto transit will go to a subway...and then the subway ride is quick. The airport express is also good. It drops you right close to TGH.

TTC to/from the airport is not that bad! I always take TTC unless I have lot of luggage ($2.75 vs $50). But if you are going straight to your interview and you want to arrive relaxed, then a taxi or the shuttle might be the way to go. But if you do take TTC, then get the 192 bus to Kipling station, then take the subway to St George, then change to the other line and go south to Queen's Park (pay $2.75 when you get on the bus, don't need to get a transfer).

Archived