Premed 101 Forums

rescheduling an interview

crimson

Hi everyone

Just wondering how willing medical schools are in rescheduling interviews to outside reading week?

I'm asking this because if I decide to become a project advisor in the international health group I'm a part of, it will require me to travel to Tanzania during reading week to scout out new projects and/or continuations of previous projects... so I'll pretty much be in Africa when all interviews are normally held.

Thanks!

Ummm ... I know that some of the people from this forum tried to get their interview rescheduled this year for whatever reason, mainly because it conflicted with other interviews/test, and were not successful at all. However, with your situation I am pretty sure that you will be able to get the interview rescheduled as long as you can prove to them that you are truly going there. Perhaps sending them a letter from your supervisor saying that you will be traveling to such place and for such reason will help you out?

Give them a call, and than if they give you a hard time, ask them if a letter from a supervisor would help ... that's what I would do. But since it is for a good cause, I am sure that you will be fine.

Archived