Premed 101 Forums

Let life begin!

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Well, I'm happy to shout that I've finally gotten this OMSAS monkey off my back--I've just submitted the application. :D

Thanks to everyone who offered application advice this year. It helped keep me sane. :)

Cheers and good luck as you complete your application, and no procrastinating!

Kirsteen

Guest chiapet921

That's some good news, Kirsteen! Thank you so much for all your valuble inputs (and answering my questions!)

Wish you all the best! There'll be plently more discussions when interviews begin....hope I can get to that stage to see all of you wonderful future doctors!:D

Guest Kirsteen

Cheers chiapet921, :)

If you have any more questions, fire away. I've pretty much scoured the majority of the fine print in getting this beast in.

Yes, those interviews! That would be nice. :D

Good luck in the wrap up (if that's the point you're at)!

Kirsteen

Guest RageoftheDragon

What a joyous moment it is to be able to add to this thread. Wow, what a weight off the shoulders sending this off is. This is the most incredible forum, and I hope everyone involved realizes how truly appreciative I am, as well as the rest of us question asking peoples are. Thanks again to any who helped to this point.

I hope to see this thread grow in the coming days as others join in the jubilation of finishing this massive amount of self exploration and other what not.

RotD

Guest Kirsteen

Right on RotD! Congratulations! :D

Hopefully more faces will appear on here with the same feeling of relief in the approaching days.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest chiapet921

:lol

Finally! After sitting in front of my computer for 2 days straight...amusing myself during the waiting time by playing mini-online games...the application process is complete! I now join all of you in getting a chance to finally catch a breath...and dive right back into my undergrad life studying for a mid-term this coming week...sigh...

But I wish everyone the best...and let the waiting begin...hope to hear that all of us will get interviews in the coming Spring! :)

Hey...

for those of you that have submitted... do you have any advice for those of us stuck in the submission traffic jam (if you too were in the traffic jam)....

What worked... what didn't... could you please tell us in the "traffic jam" chat section?

Thanks a million!!!

Babs

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there babs,

Sorry not to post this in the "traffic jam" section, but I didn't want to seem to be rubbing any salt in some obvious wounds. :( It's quite awful what you guys are going through and I really don't know why it seems to be such a problem particularly this year.

My only advice is to try to enter the information during off-peak times. Even two weekends ago, as I was entering the last of my information, I found that the OMSAS server(s) were much more responsive late in the evenings, i.e., 2am, 3am, 4am. They were reacting much more slowly during the day, but certainly, not as slowly as they appear to be reacting now. :\

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Nikhila

hello,

it took me an hour and a half to submit my app on sunday... i just kept refreshing and stopping and refreshing, it was really stressful. I just found out an hour ago that the deadline was extended. Here i was thinking i was being so smart and submitting early so that I would avoid the long wait times, even though it meant taking a chance not knowing my mcat scores. i found out today i could've saved myself a whole lot of money had I only waited and had i known the deadline was extended. Such is life.

Anyways, all the best to everyone, I hope we all at least get interviews and the chance to make an impression.

Thanks for the help,

Nikhila

Guest Lactic Folly

Sorry to hear what you're all going through :(

When I submitted on Saturday night, the system was somewhat slow but still working.. the main reason I was able to get it over with so early was that I only applied to Western, hence not much agonizing over the submitted info :|

Unfortunately I can't be of more help - I know, this is really the last thing everyone needs in the midst of midterms..

finally done....... thank god!

I thought I would feel a greater weight off than this... still a little tense, but going for a run and getting away from this computer will surely help.....

Good luck to all!

:b

Guest marcia101

Doesn't it feel absolutely FANTASTIC to have these applications done? Ahhhhhh... :rollin

Thanks to everyone on this forum who helped out!

Good luck -- let's keep our fingers crossed for some interviews! :b

marcia

I just submitted my app a couple of hours ago. Let me tell you, it was stressful waiting on that last page, just before hitting the final "submit" button. I kept thinking I should read my application over, just one last time...but i finally did it. i clicked the button and now it is gone into the great omsas oblivion. whew...

let the waiting begin!

Archived