Premed 101 Forums

UWO: CDA or Traditional

Hey Chewb83

I got this from the Western Dentistry website on their FAQ page

What types of questions are asked?

The format of the interview questions is structured. The list of questions is created by the Canadian Dental Association. All students are asked questions from the same list.

Hope this helps

i heard from a U of T dental student that only 7 questions from CDA list is asked, each worth 5 points. (either situational or behavioural) The interviewers are not allowed to ask anything else, if they do, it is not counted toward final score. does western follow the same rigid format? Anyone interviewed last year?

I had an interview last year (but didn't get in) and I can tell you a little bit about the interview at UWO.

- There were two interviewers, one dentist and one "person from the community" (I don't know what that means or who he was)

- There were two parts to the interview, the structured part and the unstructured part

- Structure Part of Interview: They asked 7 CDA questions

- Unstructured Part of Interview: They asked 4 or 5 other questions, which they did take notes on when I answered. They asked questions like "What have you read lately?" and "Why would you make a good dentist?".

- Ending Part of Interview: When they were finished they asked if I had anything to tell them about myself that hadn't come up previously.

Needless to say it didn't go well; I was just so bloody nervous last year.

i like how schools say "community person" cuz inst that just another way of saying "any mofo we pull off the street"? Who ISNT from a community?

I had an interview last year (but didn't get in) and I can tell you a little bit about the interview at UWO.

- There were two interviewers, one dentist and one "person from the community" (I don't know what that means or who he was)

- There were two parts to the interview, the structured part and the unstructured part

- Structure Part of Interview: They asked 7 CDA questions

- Unstructured Part of Interview: They asked 4 or 5 other questions, which they did take notes on when I answered. They asked questions like "What have you read lately?" and "Why would you make a good dentist?".

- Ending Part of Interview: When they were finished they asked if I had anything to tell them about myself that hadn't come up previously.

Needless to say it didn't go well; I was just so bloody nervous last year.

Archived