Premed 101 Forums

Undergraduate degree from a foreign country

I believe there is no problem with having a degree from a foreign country. The main consideration is whether it is a 4-year degree and if the university is accedited (ie. internationally recognised), and of course your residency status. What you should do is contact that admissions office and make sure with them. Their contact info is on the Dal site.

hi there,

I am also wondering the exact same thing, I am permanent resident living in halifax and I have a 6 year bachelor of medicine degree from a WHO accredited university (non US or Canada) I would also like to apply to year 1 medicine and take my medicine degree from Canada. Anyone know if this qualifies me to apply to Dalhousie MD Program?

I contacted Dal's admission office. They said that since my university is accredited, I can apply and then they will transfer my credits and at the final stages of the selection process they will figure out a way to convert my grades to the Gpa scale. This basically means that I have to go through the whole application process, including the mcat, without knowing if my grades will meet the GPA cut-off or not. :eek:

backtosquare1: try to contact them and see. Maybe I missed something. Please let me know. good luck.

Archived