Premed 101 Forums

you said the cut off was 3.83... was that the cut off for getting in or the cutoff for an interview?

i'm thinking of applying to ottawa this year (i'm going into 3rd year undergrad). my wGPA is only 3.72 which isn't very competitive but i want to apply to gain interview experience.

The cutoff is for getting an interview. There is no cutoff after that, since the post-interview scores are 90% interview, 10% GPA.

Where are you from? If you're favored by Ottawa because of where you live, or if you're applying to the francophone stream, then you probably have a shot. If not, well, maybe work on upping that GPA for next year before applying to Ottawa. You may still get in elsewhere this application cycle, but the cutoffs at Ottawa are not really flexible or that variable... it's unlikely they would be around 3.7 next year.

Hum, maybe, I wasn't thinking about that... I'm actually not too sure about the new system. Still though, apparently, it would be 50% sketch & 50% GPA after the cutoffs, so at 3.72, which isn't that far from the out of province cutoff, I think it would be worth a shot, especially with a good sketch.

Also, just a note, this new system isn't on Ottawa's website yet... so if things did change, I guess we'll find out soon when the new OMSAS document comes out... :)

Archived