Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts

Guest JD

For applicants in the current (2001-02) cycle, OMSAS requires our final transcripts by the end of the month. Are we supposed to fill out that form on the OMSAS website and mail it to them, or do we arrange ourselves for the university registrar to send it to them, or what?

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I'm pretty sure that we have to arrange them to be sent to the schools ourselves, at least, that's what I had to do for UWO. You send one copy to OMSAS in Guelph and then OMSAS will forward it to the necessary medical school for you. Hope this helps!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest Augz

You should have got a transcript request form in your acceptance package. basically, you mail that to OMSAS and they get the transcript for you.

Guest chong

I'm waitlisted at an Ontario med school. Do i still arrange to have my final transcript from this year forwarded to the school or is it only if you're accepted?

Guest UWOMED2005

Send that transcript in!!! I'm not 100% positive, but I think they might yank you from the waitlist if the transcript isn't sent in. Even if I might be wrong, is it worth risking?

Guest chong

I went ahead and enrolled for 4th year courses, in case i never made it off the waiting list. These courses are shown on my transcript as "enrolled". When OMSAS gets my final transcript from this year, are they only looking at the final grades? Or do they send the entire transcript to the medschool? how does it work?

Guest UWOMED2005

I wouldn't worry about it all. . . considering your situation, I don't think the med schools would be displeased at all with you moving on and enrolling in next year's classes. If anything, it shows you plan ahead.

Archived