Premed 101 Forums

quick clearup about omsas gpa

Ok i was under the impression you have only 1 omsas gpa, so the school that u go to calculates the gpa a certain way for ontario schools and that gpa is presented to other schools

Its NOT that your gpa is calculated different based on the scales for other schools.

NOT correct:

MIke has a 84 in a course which is an A on his transcript. The school he wants to apply to is in column 3 sothe gpa for that course is 3.7, but for Mac its 3.9 because its in a different column.

Correct: Mike has an 84 in a course which according to the column his school is located in it translates to a 3.7, so therefore for any school in ontario it is a 3.7.

It changes based on which school you go to.

That is why there are so many columns, it depends on your school.

An A at York does not equal an 85-89 (A) at UWO.

I don't really understand what point you are trying to make. Mac doesn't even have numbers listed in their column... lol

It changes based on which school you go to.

That is why there are so many columns, it depends on your school.

An A at York does not equal an 85-89 (A) at UWO.

I don't really understand what point you are trying to make. Mac doesn't even have numbers listed in their column... lol

ok here is my point:

say mike goes to Queen's, where the conversion column is column 3 and he gets an 84 in a course. Now his transcript will say:

Paperairplanes 123 84 A

when he applies to Mac, is it a 3.9 or a 3.7

if its a 3.9, then that means that he converts his marks into the gpa that fits the column of the school he is applying to.

if its a 3.7, it means that his gpa is calculated based on the school he is attending and the gpa is the same for every school he applies to in ontario.

I always thought its the later scenario, but after reading a few posts i got confused

Ohhh, no no... it's not different depending on which school you apply to! It's different based on the school you GO TO! :)

The only difference between schools is that some schools have weighting formulas that you need to watch out for. Not all schools use your cGPA. :)

Correct: Mike has an 84 in a course which according to the column his school is located in it translates to a 3.7, so therefore for any school in ontario it is a 3.7.

your "correct" statement is correct. for any school in ontario that you are applying to, they will see it as 3.7 on your OMSAS GPA.

Archived