Premed 101 Forums

Appartments downtown Toronto

There are 2 univ downtown. Ryerson and UofT. If you want to rent around UofT, you'll be looking at ~ $850 for a small one bedroom apt somewhere. If you've got the $$$, I'd suggest a condo. There are plenty around there.

Check out craigslist.com there are lots of people posting there daily.

And btw if you want to rent around Ryerson, it will be slightly more expensive because it's core downtown.

Also, Ryerson and York have valuable online housing resources somewhere on their websites. They advertise a company that provides housing for students only. Even if you're going to UofT, check those out, because they only want to know that you're student, not from a particular univ. And its really cheap from what I've heard.

There's tons of apartments/condos along bay from bloor to college. They greatly range in price depending on what you are looking for, can afford, etc. As Jotch suggested, the condos are definitely nicer but also more expensive. you can just show up at the apartments to check them out if you want - they are mainly around charles. youll need an agent to see the condos - theyre closer to wellesley/college.

• 4 weeks later...

Aside from the Pantages building, the housing around Ryerson is WAY cheaper than near UofT, especially when you consider the rapidly soaring rates on Bay St. Keep in mind that the area around Ryerson isn't, well, as nice and that is being kind.

I don't think many people would describe housing prices for studios to 2 bedrooms downtown as "reasonable." If you can get 2-3 other people, you could pay $600ish each for a house though.

Archived