Premed 101 Forums

Need Volunteers For Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Course April 21st/april 22nd

Any of you locals either accepted to the class of 2011 or waiting to be accepted interested in volunteering next week at an emergency ultrasound course??

The Dalhousie Department of Emergency Medicine is hosting an ultra sound course for their emerg docs April 21st and April 22nd. Many female Med I and II's are volunteering for 1 or both days as normal models for the docs to practice abdominal ultrasound on

They still desperately need some female volunteers and in particular need at least 6 volunteers for Sunday April 22. It would be a full day commitment (930-1730), but a excellent experience!

If you volunteer to model, you will be benefiting the 30 emergency physicians from our area (15 each day) who will be learning how to identify life threatening conditions at the bedside. You can (and are encouraged) to attend the lectures and learn material that would normally cost $800 to see. You don't have to expose anything more private than your abdomen.

If you are interested in volunteering on Sunday April 21 at the Dartmouth General Hospital please contact Sherri Lamont lamont@accesswave.ca ASAP. She is the course coordinator. If you need a drive , I believe there are some Med I and II's possibly carpooling.

It will be an excellent experience!

Cheers

Archived