Premed 101 Forums

Notifications will not be made by e-mail

I was just talking to the admissions department and it turns out that acceptances/rejections/waitlist info. will NOT be sent via e-mail on May 15th.

Everyone will be notified by real mail.... I'm sure that we all want to know this now so that we aren't agonizing over not receiving an e-mail on May 15th!

I received a phone call when I was admitted. Unfortunately I was at work, and by the time I got home I couldn't return the call. Because I was working in a lab in the building, the next day while I was running an experiment I went down to the office and got the good news in person!

Last year, I recieved an email last year but not a phone call on May 15th. The acceptance letter and materials to accept or decline my spot arrived in the mail a few days later.

They may have made changes this year?? The email system worked pretty good for me though. You can imagine how ecstatic I was when I opened my email on the morning of May 15th and found an email from the Faculty of Medicine...I still have that email actually.

Hahaha... I expect the first thing they do when they get into the office on the 15th is press "send" on the e-mail that they drafted the night before. So maybe between 9 and 10 mountain time.

But I will probably be checking at 12:00AM just for good measure. There is no way I'll be able to sleep, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told by the office that forms will be mailed out on the 15th as well, so depending on where you live, it could be 2-5 days wait.

I checked with the office to make sure my dad could send them a cheque for me if needed and reply on my behalf, they said yes, we have the yellow form.

Thanks for the info Paulos... I will probably be able to get home in time for that mail (Thank goodness). Now, I just have to wait to see if I get in or not............ LOL. Does anyone know if an e-mail will be sent to tell you YES, NO or MAYBE? Or do they just inform you if you are accepted?

I am going crazy here because I have NOT received ANY email yet.

Archived