Premed 101 Forums

Summer Jobs

Guest AndrewB

Guest frenchfrog

I wasn't too interested in doing research all summer, so instead I'm working for the Canadian Cancer Society.

As SunSense Coordinator, I get to travel the province and teach kids about the SunSense program (ie. when you're in the sun, SLIP on a long-sleeve shirt, SLAP on a hat, and SLOP on some sunscreen). :P

It doesn't pay much, but it should be fun.

Guest Jochi1543

I'm graduating, so instead of a summer job I'm taking on a long-term job. I'm moving in end of May, so as of right now I haven't secured a job, but I'm applying for some positions in healthcare and office administration for most part.

In the past, one summer I held an on-campus job in the housing office, the second summer I had an internship at a local office of a global corporation, and my third summer I was on study abroad, so I didn't work.

Guest sab10

Hey frenchfrog, what province are you from? The SunSense people always come to an oncology camp I volunteer at every summer... maybe I'll see you there:)

Guest frenchfrog

Hi sab10!

I'm from good old Saskatchewan. I've been told (as tradition would have it) that we are going to an oncology camp this summer. So, I suppose we will see each other (if you're from SK too). If so, that's awesome...hope to see you! :D

Archived