Premed 101 Forums

How to transfer from an American to a Canadian med school?

you open an account with omsas by september 15th. you then complete the online form and submit it before october 3rd. you need to arrange for your university to transfer your marks to OMSAS and you'll need 3 reference letters sent to OMSAS soon after the october deadline.... then you wait like all the other poor ba$t@rds (myself included) to be offered an interview then check your email feverishly on may 15th for acceptance (oh and in case you didn't realize... you're starting from square one again) :P

ps. i mean this in a playful joking way, not a mean a$$hole way.

It has been done in one case... a classmate of mine transferred in for his own safety during a criminal investigation south of the border. Unless there are specific circumstances like that, transfers from US to Canadian schools usually don't happen.

It has been done in one case... a classmate of mine transferred in for his own safety during a criminal investigation south of the border. Unless there are specific circumstances like that, transfers from US to Canadian schools usually don't happen.

Yet the Canadian medical school he applied to didn't know about it?

Archived