Premed 101 Forums

UofT or York?

hahaha i have a few things to reply to, and the first is "mojored"! ahhaha did anyone else get a chuckle from that one?

with respect to all of these horror stories, I've yet to encounter anyone who has experienced them first hand... they seem to be self perpetuating urban legends @ UofT because they are nightmare scenarios: i mean it would take quite the diabolical mind to do your own homework, then make an alternative sheet of wrong answer homework for people to copy. (one story i've heard). I'm not saying it couldn't happen, it's just going one step too far i think... and if there are these evil premeds, what is there for them to gain by putting all of their effort into screwing you over? Wouldn't it be better for them to put the effort into activites that would better their application, instead of trying to decrease the chances of a few people from the (huge!) applicant pool?

Finally, yes i have to agree that any term (pre med, med hopeful, ANYTHING-med- except for IN-med) is met with such skepticism and cynicism from so many people. They don't even know you and automatically assume you're going into it for your own twisted reasons... why does it sound so unacceptable to people when you tell them it is something you're genuinely interested in? it's refreshing when you come across people that don't judge you or heck even encourage you when you tell them you'd like to become a doctor.

I love York. York was the only University that I applied to as an international student. Students are nice, we help each other. The professors are awesome and very helpful, especially the kinesiology professors. You'll have plenty of research opportunities. Great campus.

I don't know much about uoft undergrad but I'm sure that it's great as well. Also, York students have to work hard for their good grades. Marks aren't given away freely at York. If the class average is >65%, the course instructor must explain himself/herself.

kitty

Archived