Premed 101 Forums

What questions to ask the interviewers?

If there's a med student, you can ask about his/her experiences - eg. what was positive/negative.

If you're from a different city, you can ask about the characteristics of the city and what it is like to live in x city.

If you've connected with your interviewers about some of your hobbies, etc., you can ask about that. eg. At one of my interviews, I asked about running trails in the city (I'm from a different city).

Don't ask anything too technical and nothing too stupid or obvious (ie. things you should know it from the website alone, etc --> it makes it seem like you didn't bother to do your research).

P.S. You don't have to ask any questions if you don't have anything to ask or if it just doesn't seem like the right moment, you don't have to ask anything. This is especially true if your interview lasted a long time and the interviewers are all looking at their watches. At one of my interviews, I asked quite a few questions. At another one, I had a long interview and I knew the interviewers all wanted to go for lunch, so I didn't ask anything, even though I had a few questions in my mind that I could have asked. I got into both schools.

• 5 months later...

Archived