Premed 101 Forums

the waitlist thread

I guess your right wanttobedoc, 300 isn't that much if you get into choice number one. Let's hope, so! hehe. At this point it just feels like no matter how much info I try and gather there's no way to know what's going to happen for me... Of course, here I am on this forum all the time. I've got my fingers crossed for everyone on the waitlist.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It feels good to come to this site and see all these postings. Somehow it comforts me a bit by talking to people who are on the same boat.

ya i agree... i am strangely optimistic about being waitlisted this year vs. flat-out rejected last year, and its nice to see others feeling the same.

it s comforting to know we are in the top 350/1500 of all applicants...

well, it should be comforting...

I think it’s great that everyone is staying optimistic. We need that kind of positive energy in this thread :P . I think the suggestions above wrt the expansion are very plausible. That would make a lot of people very, very, … , very happy.

Ok, I'm paranoid, theorizing again....please ignore me if I'm stressing anyone out.

but, perhaps the time we got our emails is an indication of where we are on the w/l? I got mine after biochemnerd...at 10:34am. Anyone else care to share? maybe I'm wrong...but, it does not seem that it happens completely in synchrony....:rolleyes:

Okay, so I called admissions, and yes all 256 spots have been filled, and no they will not say how many people are on the waitlist. According to our letter it seems like, unless our application specifies that we do not want to go to one of the sites, we are all waitlisted for all sites.

wanttobedoc you are number two on the list, right after me that is ;)

So I read the letter they sent to all of us waitlisters and, as was mentioned already, it really didn't have any actual information.

Does anyone know if they outright reject anyone before Aug 27th?

If we get the final rejection on Aug 27th will they still give us an application file review for next time?

Hey Tommy,

I got wait listed last year as well as this year. They sent me my file review in the beginning of september, along with an official rejection letter. Unforunately it arrived after the application for this year was due...so there was no time to make improvements in areas i was weak in.

tommy, at 10:31 am you are better off than me if my theory has any merit. Is this your first time applying?

From last years w/l thread on this forum, it looks like people who were lower on the w/l got their rejections sooner. A few "higher ups" were left waiting right up until the day before classes started just in case "last minute" drop outs occured or whatever....

We get our feedback after our rejections...so, it depends how much waiting we do. not sure if this makes sense. Most of us probably won't get our feedback until after August 27th. But, since application deadline is in October this year, it may give us a bit of time to change/improve things on our application if we are not accepted off the w/l. hopefully we won't have to worry about that....:(

one year ubc med also went through the whole waitlist and started calling people they had initially rejected. this is why they put so many more people on the waitlist now than they really are likely to accept.

anyone else still checking their status more than a few times a day? i think i am going insane.

Archived