Premed 101 Forums

the waitlist thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, back to being paranoid...

I was looking back at this thread and here's what I found in regard to the time we got out waitlist email on the 18th:

Supa76: 9:17am (still on list)

Friend: 9:15 (still on list)

Neurodude 9:16 (OFF THE LIST!)

Biochemnerd: 9:29 (still on list)

Doctor L: 9:31 (still on list)

Masaki: 9:50 (still on list)

Paule: 10:11 (still on list)

Tommy 1978: 10:31 (still on list)

Wanttobedoc: 10:34 (OFF THE LIST!)

Jumper 12:43 (OFF THE LIST!)

I guess it is random... or at least I don't see a pattern.

I must be going crazy.

Hi guys.

Sorry to not have posted this earlier.

Here are the times when I received the respective emails.

May 18th at 12:43pm I found out I was waitlisted

June 6th at 1:34pm I found out I was taken off the waitlist and given an offer to VFMP.

Also my last name begins with a K (for all the theories out there)

Hope that helps

maybe its random, first round offers go out, then the remaining list, instead of them taking effort to rank order is just a pool of say 50 applicants; as spots come available they randomly draw names. Thats probably why they dont give out your position on the wait list.

haha...if that were the case, I think us ppl who are still clinging onto the waitlist should storm the adcom office and wreak some havoc...

wouldn't it be funny if a monkey actually got the important task of drawing names out of a hat

I think we need a boost of morale...it's not over!

it just occurred to me that the people who initially accepted their offers may just be holding onto the seat while at the same time waiting for an acceptance at another school! (grim...I know, but there's always that possibility!) :)

Actually people do that- I know a friend who has accepted an OOP spot but is anxiously waiting on UofT, and would gladly forfeit the $300 deposit at UBC to stay in Ontario.

I must say that doc12345's theory made me laugh just now :P

• 2 weeks later...
Although by now, I've started browsing the "Applying to American Schools" thread on these forums.. :(

ouch...they're not any easier ya know, but i guess it does increase the chances by increasing the "n" and application fee

hehe..some of my friends have recommended osteopathic school or dental schools as an easier alternative :D

good luck

________

Triumph scrambler

Archived