Premed 101 Forums

Just a Theory About Acceptances

Well people, I didn't get the 1st acceptance i was dreaming of...and trust me this isn't sour grapes.

Last year 5 people i know from Brandon got in, however all 5 were 2nd acceptance. One of the MCAT scores was a 12.25 for god sakes! Anyway, my theory is that for IP maybe only 1st acceptances are given out to U of M students due to the fact that they already have the transcripts in the computer system and we don't. However to make this theory further plausable, i would like to know if anyone from U of W has received acceptance. What do you all think of this crazy theory!

O, and no one i know who went to BU this year has gotten 1st acceptance

Well people, I didn't get the 1st acceptance i was dreaming of...and trust me this isn't sour grapes.

Last year 5 people i know from Brandon got in, however all 5 were 2nd acceptance. One of the MCAT scores was a 12.25 for god sakes! Anyway, my theory is that for IP maybe only 1st acceptances are given out to U of M students due to the fact that they already have the transcripts in the computer system and we don't. However to make this theory further plausable, i would like to know if anyone from U of W has received acceptance. What do you all think of this crazy theory!

O, and no one i know who went to BU this year has gotten 1st acceptance

This is one of the silliest theories I've ever heard. There's a nice mix in our class right now of people from different post secondary schools (and I'm speaking first iteration acceptance).

Hi..

Just thought I'd clear the air a bit. I had previously figured something along the lines of what you were thinking vip. I just finished my biochem prereq at the u of w now, and as always, the u of w is slow to process things, and my final grades haven't even been sent to the u of m as of yet (they will be sometime next week I was told). I thought that there was no way that I would hear of an early acceptance due to this. However, I received a conditional offer of acceptance yesterday - the conditions being making the grade in Biochem and being eligible to graduate (both of which I fulfilled). Hope that helps. And I also hope that you all get in - I've always been a fan of the saying "the more the merrier". I went nuts over this waiting and now that it's over, I have no idea what to do with myself this summer. Anyhow, best of luck to everyone - here's keeping my fingers crossed to your success(es).

The first round of acceptances is for people whose combined MCAT and Interview scores are so high that they don't even care what your GPA is at all. Last year there were people from U Brandon, U of M, and U of W in the first round... and I am sure this time is exactly the same.

well its just a theory, but its good to know UofW ppl got 1st round too. I'm pretty sure no one from BU got 1st round last year since i know everyone who got accepted (there's not a lot). What was wierd was someone who got 12.25 on the mcat didn't get 1st round. I don't see how an interview could have gone that bad. o well, looks like it'll be another 2 weeks

Archived