Premed 101 Forums

What Ontario schools are you declining?

What Ontario schools are you declining?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What Ontario schools are you declining?

• Western - acceptance
    • Western - waitlist
    • Toronto - acceptance
    • Toronto - waitlist
    • Queen's - acceptance
    • Queen's -waitlist
    • McMaster - acceptance
    • McMaster - waitlist
    • Ottawa - acceptance
    • Ottawa - waitlist

This is just so that those on the waitlist can have an idea of how many spots are opening up, and whether those spots are acceptance spots or waitlist spots.

Thanks!

~DARWIN~

P.S. There can only be 10 options, so seeing as the "Firm Acceptance" poll had no responses to NOSM, I figured that would be the best to leave out.

Hi folks, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm actually posting on behalf of my fiance. I don't personally have any plans to apply to med school (I wouldn't have a hope in hell). Anyway, I just thought I'd let people know that she will be declining offers at McMaster, Queens, and Western. Even though we're currently living in Ontario, we're both originally from out west, and thinking it's about time to head back. So it's UBC med for her! :D

~DeadMan

I'm declining the offer of admission I received from Queen's in favour of the one I received from Dalhousie. Nothing against Queen's, they seemed to have a fine medical school when I was there. I loved the city of Kingston. Dalhousie just offers me several advantages that Queen's cannot replicate (geography etc.).

Hopefully someone waiting on Queen's gets the good news soon.

did people who got offers recieve emails asking them to notify the school directly if they are declining an offer/waitlist? I'm going to assume that schools won't open up spots until they get the official "i'm not coming to your school" response that people send through omsas, so I don't think there will be any more offers made for at least another week and a half or two.

and why are people cheering about Queens declined offers? All of the schools look identical with respect to declined offers (with Queens leading the pack by a lot wrt declined waitlist)... i guess people are judging the number of declines relative to the number of offers (which would make Queens have the largest proportion of declines i guess)?

I wouldn't take too much from the numbers of this poll. The numbers are just too small for it to significant.

What could explain the greater number of people turning down Queen's waitlist? If you got an interview at Queen's, you most likely got an interview at Western, and Toronto. i.e. you probably going into at least one school and turn down all the other offers.

Archived