Premed 101 Forums

2007-08 Preclerkship Schedule

I remember when my friends had their exams further apart at Toronto that is when they got more worried because the material they had to cover for the exam was all the more. However I will not lie my friends at Toronto always seemed to be working harder and a bit less of a social life (or sleep) then students at other schools.

I forced myself to look on the birght side of the schedule...

Lots and lots of non-statuatory holidays!

hate to burst your bubble, but those are holidays we DONT get to miss school for.

i noticed that we never start a new unit before we've had an exam for the old unit .... thats pretty good i think

hate to burst your bubble, but those are holidays we DONT get to miss school for.

i noticed that we never start a new unit before we've had an exam for the old unit .... thats pretty good i think

Crap..... but yeah, getting each unit over with before a new unit starts is good....

Would it be possible for someone to post what a typical weekly schedule looks like in Med 1? Thanks!

Here is an example for the schedule of week 2 of BRB:

post-449-140744793639_thumb.jpg

But keep in mind, the shedule does change and it's not always the same.

Hydes79

You will noticed on the Mondays there is something written as ASCM. This stands for the Art and Science of Clinical Medicine. This is where you will be learning your clincial skills. For awhile it will be how to take a good history.

You will noticed on the Mondays there is something written as ASCM. This stands for the Art and Science of Clinical Medicine. This is where you will be learning your clincial skills. For awhile it will be how to take a good history.

And by Mondays I presume you mean Fridays :)

This is first year? Are "self-study" time slots a euphemism for sleeping in? I thought this didn't come about until the "lighter" second year.

edit: Oh, I see this is during the time when first year is a little lighter right?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I guess this question falls under the thread of preclerkship. I heard that we get assigned to our preclerkship academies during O-week. And from the interview day, I believe Leslie Taylor said that the Mississauga Academy will not be ready for our year. Does anyone else recall her saying this? Also, does that mean that next year we won't be able to switch to the Mississauga Academy either (it will only apply to the 1T2 class and onwards)?

Thanks!

Hi,

I guess this question falls under the thread of preclerkship. I heard that we get assigned to our preclerkship academies during O-week. And from the interview day, I believe Leslie Taylor said that the Mississauga Academy will not be ready for our year. Does anyone else recall her saying this? Also, does that mean that next year we won't be able to switch to the Mississauga Academy either (it will only apply to the 1T2 class and onwards)?

Thanks!

Yes, you are right. The Mississauga Academy will not be starting this upcoming school year.

As for your second question about switching to that academy, I believe that once you are assigned an academy for preclerkship, you are locked in for the first two years. However, during clerkship, you can rank and choose which academy you would like most so there is an opportunity to switch.

• 2 weeks later...
:) hey, are notes printed for us or are they provided online?

UofT will give you package of printed lectures...You will get your first package during orientation week!!! UofT will also provide you an online version of most of the lectures except Dr. Taylor’s!

is most of the lecture material found in the notes or do we have to worry about getting everything down during the lectures?

This depends on the professor! Some will give you a complete material. Others would like to tell you more stuff in class!

I went to about 25% of my lectures and did fine in the courses. There are always ppl in the class that tells u that you need to write everything down. But I'll tell you right now that you will do fine not writing a single thing down.

Archived