Premed 101 Forums

Question about dentists' salary

I know that this question has been discussed many times in this forum, but I couldn't find the answer. I even searched through internet, but I had no luck. Some people said that dentists earn $100000+ while others said around $70000. I just couldn't find the accurate information. Can anyone help me out?

I know that this question has been discussed many times in this forum, but I couldn't find the answer. I even searched through internet, but I had no luck. Some people said that dentists earn $100000+ while others said around $70000. I just couldn't find the accurate information. Can anyone help me out?

I posted a link in another thread. But accoding to the American Dental Association, dentist make on avg about 500K+ (just google it and you'll see). And yes some do make 700K, and if your wondering if it's possible that a general dentist can make even more..........the answer is........... Yes! there are some so called "super-Dentist/cosmetic guys" who rack in gross earnings in the range of seven figures. If you don't believe it just contact any accountant that deals with professionals (Dents/Medz), tell them your a dental student and they'll love to give u a run down of their cliental salaries.

cheers,

Location, Location, Location

That's a very good point, but people shouldn't necessarily assume that big city = big money. My parents have an office in a small town right now which is doing really well, actually a lot better than their old office in the GTA.

yea thats what i meant

in toronto, there are a lot of dentists so only a select few would make that large amount of money

in a smaller city/town, not a lot of competition so they would make more than in the core downtown locations

there's a ton of factors that play into it. overhead and number of patients per capita are the 2 key indicators that I've been told. good accounts are a must, while dentists may make 2-300K they always only seem to claim 75K on their income taxes. god bless professional corporations and holding groups.

Archived