Premed 101 Forums

Deans list?

Guest 69er

Hey do you think its a good idea to put the Deans list under awards if you've gotten it each year?

Im pretty sure all, if not most premeds have gotten it right? So do you think that sounds redundant or fluff?

I put it in my application. If you have too many awards and you have trouble fitting them all in then I would not put it in (put what is most significant and cut the fluff). Otherwise add it. Don't assume that the admissions comittee knows that you made the deans list.

Guest JSS02

I don't think it really matters either way. Obviously if your marks are high enough for med school you must have made the Dean's List at some point, but at the same time it's not too much redundancy or fluff just to note it anyway. It's not like the evaluators will look over your sketch, notice that you didn't put that you were on the Dean's List, and put you in the "reject" pile. If you decide to use it, just don't enter it separately for each year you got it. :)

Ok then I think Im going bananas here..I have completed 2 years of univ....

If you get on the Dean's Honour List for 2 years (and your going into your third year), what should you put as the "dates" - Sept 2000 - April 2002? On my transcript, it says something like "Aug 30/2002 - Placed on Dean's Honour List" but nothing exists for the year I just completed (they say it will be ready soon)....oh yes

And if you got scholarship that was 5000 per year, renweable for 4 years if you get above 80%, how would I put the dates for it...Sept 2000 - ongoing? Sept 2000 - April 2002?

Guest tutifruiti

deans list: Sept 2000 - April 2002 looks good, maybe you should mention that you receive it 2 times in the entrie.

is it an admission scholarship? again Sept 2000 - April 2002 sounds good. It's a big scholarship, I would mention the amount.

My interviewers did not ask me any question about my scholarships, so if you are short of space, focus on the EC section!

good luck

are you from UO 69er?

Guest trying to DeSYDE

Not necessarily. In waterloo engineering deans list is a grade/percentile rank calculation. Bottom line you can have 85% + and not make deans list.

Incidentally, is not having this honor going to present a problem?

Kevin

Archived