Premed 101 Forums

Can anyone tell me about pros/cons about UBC dentistry?

I'll be applying to dental schools next year and since my home is in Vancouver I would like set UBC as my first choice. Although I've heard a bunch of discussion about other dental school (mostly UofT and McGill), I've rarely seen people discussing about UBC. Can any please give me an insight about this dental school in terms of its curriculum, etc?

I'll be applying to dental schools next year and since my home is in Vancouver I would like set UBC as my first choice. Although I've heard a bunch of discussion about other dental school (mostly UofT and McGill), I've rarely seen people discussing about UBC. Can any please give me an insight about this dental school in terms of its curriculum, etc?

UBC is probably the most expensive dental school in Canada, having its tuition comparable to some American schools. But its facilities are VERY new. It has a PBL program, so u pay $ to teach urself. and for the first 2 yrs u have classes with MD students. one of the biggest complaints is that u learn a lot of irrelavent information. and the worst part is that it does not give preference to IP students.

Archived