Premed 101 Forums

transcript request

Guest redgirl29

Guest redgirl29

Can anyone tell me if I'm understanding this correctly?

'When using the OMSAS TRF form to request transcripts, the current year's results are not included.'

Do they mean that your marks for this year's courses are not included (as you would expect) or that there is no record of the courses that you are presently taking?

I assume it is the former, but since I am currently taking a prereq for one of the schools, I want to make sure.

See what happens when there are only 16 days left- they make us overanalyze everything!!!

TIA

Hi Redgirl,

Your transcript will list your current classes as "in progress" at this point in the academic year. Meds adcoms look at your current year's courses for prerequisites/ full-year status, yes. There is a record of them. Only the GRADES will not be used in the admissions decisions this year. If you are given a conditional acceptance to med, the school will require a transcript for this year's courses sometime around June 03 to ensure that you completed the year. Hope this helps. Yes, I am sure we are all overanalyzing at this point. It's definitely not just you. This board is rapidly becomig my support group :) . Best of luck with your application!! Tanya.

Very true, in my case overanalyzing is an understatement. At the same time it is understandable because all of us want to make sure that our applications are perfect. It is natural for us applicants to think up potential problems with our applications... :)

Guest redgirl29

Thanks Ceds! Glad to know that I'm not the only one. Sometimes it's hard to tell because people start wearing their 'poker faces' this close to the deadline ;)

Archived