Premed 101 Forums

submit

Guest DHP62

I'm a little nervous to push the submit button in order to view what I have in my app so far. I just want to confirm that this is correct and possible. Please excuse the paranoia!

Guest redgirl29

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I'm interpreting your post as meaning that you just want to look at what you've written on your application so far, not send it to OMSAS. If you press the submit button, it will be sent to OMSAS (after a confirmation). If you just want to review what you've written you can check that out at any time by clicking on the appropriate section while being logged in. I could be wrong, but that's my experience so far. I wouldn't use the submit button until I was sure I was ready to send it.

good luck!

I'm writing to see if there is a difference between what you just described and what the main page of the application says:

"You can click 'Submit' at any time to review the information that you have entered. You will be alerted to any missing information by either "warnings" and/or "errors". Warning messages should be reviewed and the necessary action taken to ensure that important data is not missing. Error messages are more severe and must be rectified before you can proceed with the 'Submit' process. The 'Submit' process has two steps and you will be asked to confirm the submission of your application to OMSAS. "

OK, so from reading the above its pretty obvious as to the answer of my question! I just want someone to tell me they've done it and that its ok :)

Thanks!

Guest marmotYVR

I just submitted yesterday (no, I'm not super-organized, I had to get it done since I leave the country in a few hours!). I did have an opportunity to click back to any links and make changes - you could also print off the whole app from that field. I didn't actually attempt to quit mid-submit, but I am sure you could.

Another note: I thought I was being organized by contacting my registrar last week to get my transcript sent to OMSAS. Then, when I hit "submit", it wouldn't let me send my app unless filled out the section to have OMSAS contact my registrar! So, I was out another whopping $8, and OMSAS will end up with 2 transcripts. Not the end of the world, but just wanted to give others a "heads-up".

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Marmot

Archived