Premed 101 Forums

Hey meds11... join the facebook group!

Hey everyone,

As was suggested in another post, I have created a facebook for us UOttawa medschool newbies... that way we don't have to wait until August to start getting to know each other!

Being the creative genius that I am ;) the group can be found under

UOttawa Meds11

I am VERY new to facebook :rolleyes: , so any suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated :) Hope to see some new members soon!

*cheers

fmdsm

How/when do we get our e-mail addresses for Ottawa; i want to join the ottawa u network

There is no Ottawa U network, unless you are referring to Ottawa University in Kansas :P I can't remember the exact date when your orientation packages are sent out, but you'll receive an email eventually with information to access Infoweb (where we access our transcripts, pay tuition, T4s etc.) and TLSS (where we access all online material for the blocks, exam marks are posted here, PSD material, etc.). This email will also contain instructions on how to set up your uOttawa email account. I think at this point the admissions office is concerned about filling all the spots and getting final transcripts for all those who've accepted an offer. I think the OMSAS deadline is somewhere around the end of June for this, so I'd except not to hear anything until July. I'm sure somebody else can recall the dates last summer when we received our packages, I can't though :)

There's also a UOttawa meds facebook group, and so far I'm the only one who replied to the meds11 discussion :(

I think the rest of us (or some of us at least) can't join it yet... apparently you need an OttawaU email to be part of that group... Are you a student at UofO right now?

I think the rest of us (or some of us at least) can't join it yet... apparently you need an OttawaU email to be part of that group... Are you a student at UofO right now?

That is not true, anybody can join this group because it is an open group, which by definition, anybody is allowed to join :)

That is not true, anybody can join this group because it is an open group, which by definition, anybody is allowed to join :)

Definitely, anyone can join! I made it an open group and that way people didn't have to wait to hear from me about joining, or need special permission. If you're still having troubles, send me an e-mail (kbrett@uoguelph.ca) and I'll make sure it works out!

*cheers

fmdsm

Julie's talking about the "ottawa meds" facebook group.. which isn't a global group, I made it back in the day when facebook didn't allow global groups :( So yah, to join that you'll have to wait for your @uottawa.ca email addys.

Yeah I'm a uOttawa student so I already have my email address.

Archived