Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS Verification Incorrect?

Guest ShelbySham

Guest ShelbySham

I went to the OMSAS Verification site (i know im neurotic, but hey we got 9 days left!) and punched in my IT number and birthday as well.....and i get this message bolded in red saying how they "received my application, but it has not been processed - please check back within 2 to 3 business days"

Yikes! I know this probably means nothing since I got interviews and the omsas verification paper, but jest in case my file is missing or something (paranoia kicking in here), do you think one of you guys could check and see if the same thin' happens to you?

thanks a bunch

Guest UWOMED2005

I'd follow up, but not worry about it. At this point it's the schools you're dealing with for the most part, not OMSAS.

That being said, my year OMSAS forgot to input my final transcript into the computer. Once you do get in, it might be worth sending an e-mail to make sure everything (transcript, the like) is in order. If something untoward did happen at that point, you could probably appeal and get back in the class. . . but better to be safe than sorry.

Guest aneliz

You should get another confirmation from OMSAS once they input your final transcript...you may also want to check directly with the school that you are accepting (or waitlisted at) to make sure that your 'file is complete'. That's what I did last year.

Guest UWOMED2005

No, you have until June 30th to get the transcripts in. But I'd confirm I week before that in case OMSAS screws up, which they sometimes do. . . >:

Archived