Premed 101 Forums

registration packages...?

Sorry I can't tell you whent the registration packages will come out. If you need to know this, perhaps you should contact the College of Medicine directly. AS for your med schedule, I also can't tell you for certain what it will be, but there is a very high likelihood that school/orientation will start for Med I on Aug 16, maybe Aug 23. Your classes will generally be from 8:30 am to 12:30pm...some good days perhaps starting later or ending earlier. One day a week will be dedicated to Professional Skills. These afternoons won't start the first week, the day will change with every module and you won't learn which is "your afternoon" for module 1 in your registration package.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You obviously learn about rural medicine on the rural bus tour, but we also had the opportunity to learn about aboriginal health, which was pretty valuable. You also have a chance to learn how to do some suturing, and practice looking at x-rays. You are fed so well and get to know your classmates that much better. Quite a lot of people went last year, and who ever didn't show up, missed a great time. I would go, even if I felt I knew all about with rural medicine, because you have so much fun!

Archived