Premed 101 Forums

anybody from outside ont. get in

• 4 weeks later...

hey estrella, i'm not at NOMS, but i have been studying out of province for the past few years. anyway, health care coverage is portable, so you shouldn't have to pay anything. especially at student clinics i've had no problems, and they accept my OOP card directly. at other clinics, i've had to pay and then fill out a reimbursement form (which i ALWAYS lose and thus never get reimbursed... grrr). but if you're more organized than i am then it should be fine :)

hey estrella, i'm not at NOMS, but i have been studying out of province for the past few years. anyway, health care coverage is portable, so you shouldn't have to pay anything. especially at student clinics i've had no problems, and they accept my OOP card directly. at other clinics, i've had to pay and then fill out a reimbursement form (which i ALWAYS lose and thus never get reimbursed... grrr). but if you're more organized than i am then it should be fine :)

Thank you for the response. I am from Alberta, and we pay $88/month premium for our family. Because we have purchased a house in t-bay, we will be eligible for Ontario health care (Alberta Health Care told me that our coverage is only good for 3 months after we leave). If Ontario has no premiums, it would be better for us to transfer, anyways.

thank you!

Estrella

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have a CGPA of 3.7 - I have never lived in a small city, I am not an aboriginal and neither a frankophone - But I do have a passion for helping out those in underserved communities - in fact if I evern get into med school I would want to workwith doctors without borders -

what do you think my chances are at getting into NOSM?

Please reply

Hi all,

I have a CGPA of 3.7 - I have never lived in a small city, I am not an aboriginal and neither a frankophone - But I do have a passion for helping out those in underserved communities - in fact if I evern get into med school I would want to workwith doctors without borders -

Please reply

Perhaps if the location was a remote northern ontario community:D

Hi all,

Please reply

I cant imagine the admissions committe would be too thrilled with your interview:

Interviewer: "At NOSM our mandate is to produce physicians that may best service Northern Ontario. How do you see yourself assisting us with that mandate"

You:"I plan on servicing NORTHERN Zimbabwe once I graduate"

Im not on the Admissions Committee but if I were I cant say I would give you a spot ;)

Archived