Premed 101 Forums

Transfer Credits

Guest NeuropsychiatristWNAB

Guest NeuropsychiatristWNAB

I am an undergraduate at York University

(just finished first year) I am transferring into a programme at McMaster University as of this fall. Mac is transferring all of my credits (very nice of them) but, as is the case with transfers, they don't transfer any grades.

My question is in regards to how this will affect my application to medical school. Obviously, these transfer courses on my Mac transcript cannot be included in a GPA calculation. Perhaps York will still have record of the grades and so med schools will look there and still do a gpa calculation? I really have no clue! Please help :)

Guest peachy

When you apply to medical school (or to grad school, or for external scholarships, or anything else for that matter) you will send them both sets of transcripts - your York one and your McMaster one. It's a bit of a pain generally, because you need to go through the bother and expense of ordering two sets of transcripts, but otherwise it completely doesn't matter. Med schools will use the grades in your GPA calculation as if all of your grades had been from the same school.

Archived