Premed 101 Forums

Looking for a parking spot at UofA

Hey everyone,

If any of you live close to campus, and are looking for easy money, have I got something for you! I am looking for a parking spot, as close to campus as possible, for the entire year (Sept. - April). The requirements I would have (which are pretty straightforward) are:

1. 24hr, 7-day/week access guaranteed.

2. A plug-in for the Winter months (Oct.-Mar. or so)

I am willing to negotiate pricing. Please post me a private message or even a public one here on the board with the following info if you are able to offer anything:

1. Address

2. Covered or not covered stall

3. Approx. price range per month

Thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tallguy (and others that may be able to help),

I was wondering about UofA parking in general - where can you find parking spots/lots in & around campus, and how much does it generally cost? Is there anything cheap? Ie. in Calgary you can park at McMahon stadium a ~10 minute walk from campus, and it's roughly $70/semester. Any sort of deal like that around UofA?

There are a couple of lots owned by Impark that are right on 112 St, one at the intersection with 87Ave, the other at 85Ave. These two lots are $70-80/month. The university also has parking, but the rates are similar. As far as anything remotely reasonable, best bet is to do what I am and advertise and hope to hell someone will give you a spot at a fair price. I was able to park at my girlfriends apartment last year, 10-15 min from campus, but even that was $20/month for an uncovered spot with a plug-in. Unfortunately, the U of A is poorly situated in the city with respect to access, parking, roads, residential etc., and the result is brutal rush-hour traffic and highly expensive, almost non-existent parking.

Hope that brightens your day Icebox! :rolleyes:

Best of luck.

The U of A has a fair amount of parking but it's all pretty expensive. My favourite place would be the Jubilee and it's about $65/month. You can only park there till 6pm but after 4:30 pm you can park at alot of other parking spots, which I find convenient depending on where you want to be at the university.

Check out http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/parking/ to see what else they have to offer.

Archived