Premed 101 Forums

Confirm application complete?

Guest Lactic Folly

Guest Lactic Folly

I emailed OMSAS and they told me to wait for the verification report.. but in the booklet it says that will arrive Nov-Jan, which seems kind of late! How can I find out if MCAT/transcripts have been received, *before* the Oct 15 deadline so I can resend them if necessary without jeopardizing my application? Did any of you call or email them?

(I released my MCAT last week, want to know if it got there safe and sound :| )

Hi Lactic Folly,

No worries. They will send you the confirmation by mail after the deadline (sometime in November or December). If you have forgotten to send something (as I did) or if they haven't received part of your application, they will let you know at that time. As long as you rectify the situation ASAP afterwards--like ordering the MCAT results again--they will not penalize you. The OMSAS crew is really nice and they are working to make sure that all applications get completed and sent to the schools. Please don't worry!

BJ

Guest Lactic Folly

Thx bj - I guess I am starting to sound a little neurotic, hehe. But if it helps catch something I might have otherwise missed, all the better!

pint1.gif I wub this board..

I think you can go to the OMSAS website and check to see if your letters and other documents have been received by OMSAS. If you have already submitted your application, then log in and it will give you the option of verifying receipt of transcripts etc. When I applied last year one of my referrees sent in my letter in Sept. and they said they never received it (but I didn't find this out until mid Nov.). They actually had misplaced it, but while I was panicking about the letter not being there, they assured me that anything outstanding (such as letters) could come in before Dec 1 (or some date way after the application was due).

Archived