Premed 101 Forums

Help: Application processed yet?

Guest bad hombre

I released my scores when I wrote the test in Aug 2001 and I had an ASR sent to OMSAS this summer just in case they don't keep the scores from year to year. I 'm not sure if you have to do that or not... maybe you should email or call OMSAS to make sure.

Good luck! :)

Lisa Browning wrote back to me to say that if my scores were released to OMSAS at the time of writing then they should be on file. She offered to double check for me if I gave her my SIN.

I'm really amazed how nice and helpful the OMSAS people are considering how busy they must be!

Guest doctorfunk

I'm worried that my referee packages never made it to the OMSAS office. I provided regular stamped envelopes (no tracking number) to my referees, and they indicated to me quite a long time ago that they had placed them in the mail. When I checked my application status, however, it states that two of the three are currently outstanding. I don't know what to do because the site says that no confirmation of referee packages reception will be given until November (the question mark link). Any suggestions?

Guest MayFlower1

Doctorfunk,

I have contacted OMSAS about this very issue. In my case, one of the three were "outstanding". When I contacted my referee she indicated she had sent it. OMSAS said they never received it. I called her back. She called OMSAS directly and made arrangements herself to get them the evaluation/letter of reference.

The OMSAS folks were extremely friendly and helpful. They indicated that the reference letters don't have to be in by the 15th. Apparently they are extremely backlogged. They indicated that if the letters are still "outstanding" at the time they update their website they will still accept letters from your referees. I would call them back after the date they said they would be updating their website.

Peter

Guest Namgalsip

I just got off the phone with OMSAS. They said that they have 15000 letters waiting to be keyed into the web accounts. They are currently finishing up the "A's" so it can take a while (hence the Nov. 1st explanation). In any case, if your file remains incomplete, they will give you an opportunity to re-submit your letters (here's their chance to make them better. It gives you more time to suck up :rollin ).

Hope this helps,

Nams

So its not a big deal that one of my references hasn't even been sent yet and probably won't be sent for a week or 2?

Is it a big deal that the "sending of my application to each school may be delayed"?

I was freaking out when he told me it wasn't in yet!! But now I'm feeling better...

Guest Shahenshah

yeah DHP62..don't worry..referees do have a leeway in terms of getting things sent..but of course if it hasn't reached by say nov 15, be concerned then

Guest erinsmom2bmd

Just wanted to let everyone know that my OMSAS file was updated today. This morning all my references read "currently outstanding". I just checked again and they all read "received"! My last name begins with F. So if they are updating the files from A-Z, they're somewhere around F.

what about MCAT scores? I wrote it this august, and i just got the score report in the mail and it says they've been sent to "700". Will the OMSAS verification system always say the scores are "pending", or do they get filled in?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

My last name is right up there near the beginning of the alphabet; my last two references are not yet received (although I have confirmation from Canada Post that OMSAS have had them for a while) nor are my MCAT scores acknowledged.

I wouldn't be too frightened at this point. OMSAS do send out that confirmatory letter in a few weeks, telling you exactly what they have received, and exactly what they have not, as well as the marks they have for you. In previous years you had the opportunity at that point to correct any oddities in your file.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

My references have also been received. I'm in the middle of the alphabet and one of my references was actually sent after the Oct. 15th deadline. But my MCAT is still "pending".

Archived