Premed 101 Forums

It's June, and you're still in classes?

there is NO extended year...

this torture was fully premeditated looooollll... I heard that next year they will try to cut out a week... (to give a march break... because OBVIOUSLY we didn't got one this year). Let's not add we started the year on August 15th 2006...

These are the words of a med1 who really cannot wait for the vacation to start LOL :P

Gab

PS: We finish too on thursday with our Unit7 exam

On a related note, is it true that McGill med gets no Christmas break?

And slightly off-topic, I am curious how realistic is it to do research part-time during med I? I know that there is a summer reserach bursary offered by McGill med, but two months don't seem like enough to complete any substantial project.

I think we had 10 days in december... Better enjoy every single min of those 10 days... because these are the only that we see in a while LOL.

Concerning research, I think there is time. I know some friends that did it. I did a summer research my summer before starting med1... I decided to stop research during the year to get involved in other projects I have. I may do some during ICM :) You have a lot of time to do other activities than SCHOOL... and I think that it is very important to get the time to do those activities that you like... to keep a minimum of sanity :P joke. Med 1 is not difficult... it's just LONG and Crammed... but material is relatively easy. If you read your stuff, attend some lectures, go to some labs... you are just fine. I have to admit that I spent much more time on extracurricular and other activities this year, than on my studying. However, I think that I put a lot of stress for the last week before each exams... I would cram... do the exam, and than do "nothing" (meaning I would concentrate myself on those other activities with some studying here and there... there's never... NO STUDYING, but compare to the week before the exam... this is nothing lol) for the first few weeks of the next unit.

Gab :)

Archived