Premed 101 Forums

Chemistry or Physics?

Ahimsa

Hey,

I am planning on taking a high school science course this summer in order to help prepare myself to write the MCAT. I have absolutely no background in physics or chemistry. Unfortunately, however, I can only take a course in ONE of those subjects, while I self-study for the other. I have to admit that I find chemistry a little bit easier and was planning on taking a physics course, but now I'm wondering - are there more chemistry questions on the MCAT than physics ones? In which case, it would probably more rational to focus on chemistry.

Thanks for your advice!

Ahimsa

for the physical science section, theres usually an equal distribution of phy and gen chem but for the biology section..its mostly bio and very little orgo..soo for sure if u find chem easier..take physics..the content is mainly grade 12 physics..it will help you a lot..Good luck

I don't know what grade 12 physics is like, but I would advise taking it because 90% of physics problems can generally be solved using a single thought process:

draw a diagram, identify the concept being tested, derive equations, etc.

On the other hand, for chemistry, there are many many different ways of tackling problems, depending if they're titration, electrons arrangements, hybrid bonds, heating kind of stuff and all the crap that goes with that... :rolleyes:

Besides since you know some already, you can study it more easily later

Archived