Premed 101 Forums

Verification Reports

Guest Biochem10

Guest Biochem10

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has received a verification in the mail from OMSAS. I'm wondering when I can expect it. Another question: I just registered for a course that wasn't on my transcript when I sent it to OMSAS. Do you think I have to send a new transcript showing that I'm now registered for this course? When I sent my transcript 2 months ago it said I would be a part-time student next semester, but I was just awaiting permission to take a research project, so now that I'm registered I'm officially full-time...does this make a difference?

I changed my mind on my winter courses last year and didn't bother sending an update to OMSAS becasue it didn't change my status at all (always full-time). If that was your situation, I would have said don't bother. However, given that you are changing from part-time to full-time status, this may affect your status at some schools. You might want to call OMSAS and get their advice on this one!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I would definitely get that changed, bc being full-time vs. part-time can affect your application in the eyes of many of the med schools as usually only full-time years are considered in making their GPA decisions! There's no sense in being stuck on the outside looking in if you don't have to be.

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest Biochem10

Thanks guys for your input. I actually called OMSAS and they said it wasn't necessary for me to send a new transcript (although, may be I will just to reassure myself). I guess that they will be making decisions regarding my previous years only (I applied to Mac and U of T only) and then if i'm still being considered in June I can send my final transcripts that will verify that I was a full-time student this year.

not to make you paranoid, but last year i never even received a verification report....

My stuff was properly forwarded to the med schools, but when i realized (in January no less) that I hadn't gotten a verification report, I checked with OMSAS and they said all my stuff went though (but for some reason they never sent me verification). Hope this doesn't happen again this year, even with >4000 applicants.

cheers

Archived