Premed 101 Forums

Pending MCAT?

Guest KatieKat

Guest Biochem10

I wish I could say the same for my MCAT scores, unfortunately they have not been received. I took the MCAT in Aug. 2001 and released my scores by ASR in June, but I guess there was some kind of mistake and I just found out now that none of the schools I sent them to received them!! Well, when I thought nothing else could go wrong, it did. Well, the situation looks like it's being fixed, but it's caused me a lot of stress and money. I spent way too much time on the phone with the MCAT people, mostly on hold (which will be a nice bill, since the ASR office is in Washington!). I suggest Canada's medical school start acting autonomously and create their own MCAT, so that Canadian students don't have to miss school to make long distance phone calls to Washington and Iowa. Either that or why doesn't MCAT have a Canadian office???? Just a little bit frustrated!

I've heard (from admissions officers!) that the MCAT people are notoriously bad for this. I guess last year, about the half the students across canada had failed to get their scores delivered. That's prob a bit of an exageration, but yeah, canadian med schools should do something about it.

Archived