Premed 101 Forums

full course load.

I am in probationary standing at mcgill which allows me to take 13 credits this fall 2007 , and then in winter i will take 18 credits thereby making 31 credits from septmeber to april. Am I eligible for saskachewan and manitoba dentals schools? it says a credit of 30 credits from sept to april but doesn't specify which semester how much u gotta take. Pls help as I am so stressed.

I have a similar predicament in that my first year consisted of 34 credits, and my third year consisted of 27, even though I was taking 5 and then 6 courses per semester. Any thoughts on whether these 2 years combined would meet the required 60-credits, or whether I'm SOL due to each YEAR needing 30 credits?

sloken,

You seem to be ok with U of Man since they require:

Minimum Credit Hours:

60 credit hours of specific courses over two years of full time study (See the Application Information Bulletin for details)

Minimum Course Load:

Regular sessions must contain a minimum of 24 new credit hours (i.e., not including repeated courses, transfer, AP or IB credit).

You meet the minimum 24 credits per session and 60 credits over 2 years.

Sloken,

On the U of Sask Dentistry web site, it states that

Applicants may schedule their required pre-dentistry courses as they wish, providing they maintain a
30 credit unit course load per academic year
(September to April).

This would mean your 27-credit year would not qualify despite your compensation with a 34-credit year.

Sweet-buds,

They don't specify each semester because they don't care how you divide it up. All you need to ensure for U of Sask is that you have 30 credits per academic year while U of Man requires a minimum of 24 credits per academic year and a 2-year total of 60 credits. From what I understand from their academic requirements, you remain qualified.

Archived