Premed 101 Forums

what is the interview cutoff usually with the NAQ and AQ scores combined. Is it hovering around 36 usually.

When do the pre-reqs and MCAT scores come into play.

Pre-interview, a score out of 50 is generated and how is the scoring done after the interview.

what is the interview cutoff usually with the NAQ and AQ scores combined. Is it hovering around 36 usually.

When do the pre-reqs and MCAT scores come into play.

Pre-interview, a score out of 50 is generated and how is the scoring done after the interview.

Pre-reqs usually come into play before the interview and maybe a little after the interview is what I'm told. MCAT scores come into play after the interview, but that is viewed more holistically as well. If you do well in one section, it can be made up in other areas of your application with comparable skills. For example, if you do bad in VR, you can make it up in WS and your English mark. After the interview, I've been told that a recommendation score of 10 is given. To be honest...after that, I'm not really sure. I'm sure dr.nomis may have better insight on this part of your question.

I know it has changed and become a little more secretive over the past couple years...

First of all. Not sure about this year but the last 2 years - it was 36ish to get an interview.

Before it was CV and Marks each out of 25 and a total of 36ish gave you an interview... post interview it was 50 interview, 20 marks, 20 cv, 5 mcat, and 5 references....

This is not the case anymore.... It is now the same pre-interview. But after the interview... it is 50 interview and 25 marks and 25 cv... I think. But then they look at references and mcat as bubble breakers ect... But who knows - they do not assign values to these anymore. It is in their benefit which is fine . I think this way it makes it easier for them to mold the class into what they are looking for... If everyone knew the exact breakdown of everything they would just tailor their application in that fasion. I think not knowing is part of the game...

For the interview you get 5 marks out of 5 on specific attributes and then you also get a recommendation score out of ten - this score is scaled depending on how easy of hard your panel is... I read on here that a guy last year got a recomendation score of 10 and was rejected. Must have been scaled down. As for when they count prereqs, overall and last 60 I am not too sure. I think the heavy hitter in the preinterview is the last 60. I was never too worried about that as marks are something that is over and done with.

I also read on here that they are changing the interview!

cheers

d

hope that makes sense

Archived