Premed 101 Forums

chances for admission

kgmed23

I am looking to apply at McGill and was wondering if as an OOP I have any chance with a low gpa of 3.4. Is there any way i can make my application more competitive. I am done my undergrad now so boosting up the gpa is not a possibility. help

I am looking to apply at McGill and was wondering if as an OOP I have any chance with a low gpa of 3.4. Is there any way i can make my application more competitive. I am done my undergrad now so boosting up the gpa is not a possibility. help

well unless your mcat score is 45, chances are pretty slim for an oop... what is the breakdown of you gpa (per year), if you have really hight last two years, you could apply to queens or uwo

ps not to be rude or anything, but its VERRRY competitive for an oop at mcgill

sorry kgmed23...but AMmd is very correct. your chances are likely very close to nil with that kind of GPA. However, like i've said in the past and will continue...your chances are actually nil if you don't apply. Close to nil > than actually nil. If it were me though, I'd probably save my money in this situation unless the rest of your application is incredibly strong in every which way.

well unless your mcat score is 45, chances are pretty slim for an oop... what is the breakdown of you gpa (per year), if you have really hight last two years, you could apply to queens or uwo

ps not to be rude or anything, but its VERRRY competitive for an oop at mcgill

My last two recent yrs gpa is 3.88. I checked the U of Queens GPA cutoff. It seems like if you don't meet the cumulative GPA, they will only consider your last two years. So last yr's GPA cut-off using two yrs was 3.78. I think i could meet their cut-off this yr if they only use the last two years.

• 3 weeks later...

As one adviser told me, to get into McGill as OOP, you need a 4.8 GPA... on a scale of 4.0.

They only take something like 5 students from OOP every year.

But I do know that they love people with grad degrees, so that might help you become more competitive. You could also live in Quebec for a while to become a citizen. Then it would be much easier. But keep in mind that even for in province, the cut off for an interview is 3.5 and 30 MCAT, under which your chances are really slim.

Good Luck!

Archived