Premed 101 Forums

weird OMSAS glitch

Guest slew84

Maybe it's just me, but I keep finding that when I hit submit, the warning that the Ottawa submission isn't complete pops up. I've definitely completed the Ottawa sketch, and all the little boxes are checked on the Ottawa submission page, but the warning keeps showing up. What gives?

If this has happened to other people I can relax a bit and just take it as one more glitch on the list of many.

don't worry about that. I got the same thing too when i submitted, and i finally figured out why:

In the first section of formal education, it has THREE boxes for post-secondary education. Even though the majority of us only fill in one box, it still leaves the other two blank. However, it leaves them in as blank boxes, instead of leaving them out altogether, hence the error. If we all had a MSc and a PhD, we'd get no funky warning.

I called OMSAS about that and they said don't worry about it. It only happens to people who created an account between a certain period of time. They can't figure out why!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

I too received the odd Ottawa warning. Akin to what was mentioned above, here's OMSAS' reply to me earlier in the week:

"If it is a warning and you are happy with everything, I wouldn't worry.

The Ottawa issue is probably because of a small issue at this end that we have corrected. You commenced your application before this was fixed and therefore it's still showing up. Not to worry."

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived