Premed 101 Forums

Applying in 3rd year... for Western, Toronto Dentistry etc...

Guest jlee629

wow ive been browsing the forums, you guys have incredible marks and scores

i must be doing something wrong

i have a low 80 avg,i guess i should start looking at australia and the states for dental school, kinda overwhelming and depressing

wish you the best of luck, i think you should be able to get in with those stats

wow ive been browsing the forums, you guys have incredible marks and scores

i must be doing something wrong

i have a low 80 avg,i guess i should start looking at australia and the states for dental school, kinda overwhelming and depressing

wish you the best of luck, i think you should be able to get in with those stats

Apply to the US, it's a lot easier to get in there.

Apply to the US, it's a lot easier to get in there.

I REALLY want to stay here in Canada, but i guess i might not have a choice Also the money factor. I am going to really work hard this year and see what happens, would you be able to say what kind of academic marks people range from who get in to dental school here in Canada?

And the states, any good ones that Canadians look to? I know i should look at them by my self, and I am thinking closer to the border the better, but if you can recommend some, it would be help me out.

And i know at Western, you get bonus points for Honors Specialization, i dont know if they care about that in the states so maybe i should just do a major...so confused atm

now that's somewhat good or bad..

I think it's a good decision, don't you think?

I believe it's a good idea. However, one might argue that one extra year would not contribute significantly to the level of preparation and maturity expected from an incoming dental student.

The session for the states began in mid May and ends Dec. 1 (for most schools). Typically for the U.S. schools you want to get your application sent in with all the supporting documents by June-July. Then interviews are usually in Oct-Nov (there are exceptions of course). And schools have to wait until at least Dec. 1 to give out acceptances. If you plan to attend for next fall, get everything in as soon as possible!!

Archived