Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS application quesitons

Guest dogeatdog12

Guest dogeatdog12

I am really confused. the postsecondary application section involves a lot of work. At the end of the day I have to request OMSAS to get my transcript from U of T anyway. Do I have to press submit for the transcript to be sent? what's the deal with this section?

For the postsecondary information, how do I add the course details for 2004. I don't know my final marks yet.

Howcome there's submit for every section. Do I press submit only after everything is done?

thanks

Hi there,

Inputting all your marks DOES take a LOT of work. :rolleyes There is no getting around it, unfortunately, so don't leave it until the last minute.

First, regarding the transcripts, simply complete the transcript section with the appropriate school(s) that you attend or have attended. The request will go through once you actually submit the whole application around Oct. 15th. (Don't worry about the transcripts arriving after Oct. 15th... it's normal).

As for adding your postsecondary marks, to be applying to med school, you have obviously completed at least two years of school, right?? so you do have marks that need to be input. You should have a copy of all your marks on hand before you attempt to input the info.

As for hitting the submit button... the postsecondary marks page has many many layers... your school(s), the years you attended the schools, and then your marks for each year that you have completed. As for your current year, I can't help you there. I assume you complete what you can and the rest will be done by OMSAS. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

One moderator on another thread mentioned that it's really really important to read the "HELP" page on each section of your application. And he/she is sooooo right. Those "help" pages are truly helpful.

Anyway, don't expect everything to be done in an hour. Take some time to figure out how each section of the application works and what they expect. And just be patient.

Have fun. Tirisa :D

Archived