Premed 101 Forums

physical sci

Orchid

does anyone have suggestions on how to improve speed in completing this section?

I'm finishing but it's pretty rushed...

find myself behind pace, since there's a lot of info and sometimes calculations...

compared to bio sci anyway, which goes by pretty smoothly.

thanks

does anyone have suggestions on how to improve speed in completing this section?

I'm finishing but it's pretty rushed...

find myself behind pace, since there's a lot of info and sometimes calculations...

compared to bio sci anyway, which goes by pretty smoothly.

thanks

I finish with like 2 minutes to spare. rarely more, so same prob here as far as timing is concerned. I think its cuz i make sure that the answer i chose is correct by justifying why the others are wrong. this WASTES TIME!!! :D but i cant help it, since i like PS :o .

the only thing i can say about calculations is use scientific notation all the time. I use it for every damn math problem i do. it keeps everything clear, which is why it was invented in the first place.

oh, you dont always needs to read the passage (IMHO). i only go back if i cant understand a question without using what i already know. most people would agree, but see what works for you.

oh, the biggie (for me)..... KNOW FORMULAS!! if you know a formula and can manipulate it easily, you can answer so many sentence/logic kind of questions without going into the passage for details. like knowing your spring equations, pendellum eqns, kinematics eqns, elecromagnetism eqns, etc. A correct answer can NEVER be a false statement. So knowing the formulas helps you make quick predictions.

This is just my opinion and what works for me. Hope I helped! :P

oh, you dont always needs to read the passage (IMHO). i only go back if i cant understand a question without using what i already know. most people would agree, but see what works for you.

Quoted for truth. When I did the practice tests, I never read the passages, and I always finished with 20-30 minutes left to go, and usually got 12 or 13.

On test day, I decided to take it slow and read the passages...LOL big mistake. I was rushing so bad, and I finished with like 5 seconds to go. I feel fortunate that I still got a 12.

Archived