Premed 101 Forums

ubc dentistry evil?

Dentistry in General? wow, how sad? I do agree that there are more in place for medical students than dental students, but that doesn't mean that it is bad or evil. If a professor or a guest lecturer is abusing the student it is within your power to report that, at least discuss to that person that you do not want to be treated in a certain way.

You will argue that your dean or department head will afraid to lose a lecturer because they are far and few in between with dentistry. But ultimately, all dental schools do look for alumni to donate back to the school, if they cannot see that a happy student equates to likelihood to contribute back to the school.

We had that happened in UWO, the student spoke up, and the row instructor changed...

If you don't like it, speak up!

________

Silversurfer reviews

I have 2 brothers that graduated from UBC Dentistry and both had more positive than negative things to say about the school/program. Both had a great time and felt they recieved good training (good enough to get into very competitive specialties). I have also heard good things about the new dean.

well since the only posts you have put in are of bad-mouthing ubc dent, I can only assume you are here to stir something up.

I can't imagine running a faculty the same as how you speak. It makes no sense and realistically, if it was that bad, we would have heard something about it by now.

Even if some of these cases go as you speak, i wouldnt be surprised if some of the people deserved it. Some people are just ignorant douchebags and rub people the wrong way.

Thanks for the hearsay, though.

well said, I like some of the posts you see on ratemyprofessor.com, the people who badmouth are mad because they got a bad grade, and because the prof told them to FO after they asked where and when the exam was after not showing up all year to class. How do these ppl get into the faculty though? Maybe their parents are dentists and asked the dean nicely? That never happens... lol

The only thing I can say about UBC dentistry is its high tuition, but you can't complain because UBC has a new clinic with computer network and digital radiography.

For other things, such as school politics you described, they happen everywhere in society. I can guarantee you that UBC is not the only school with office politics. Every school has those similar, if not the same, problems.

So, whichever school you go to, as long as it passes the accreditation process by CDA, you'll be a fine dentist.

Archived