Premed 101 Forums

references...

Guest nonce

I tried finding another thread on this topic but couldnt...so im sorry if the answer has already been posted somewhere.

I was wondering, in regards to the reference letters, do they HAVE to send an additional letter, attached to the personal assessment form...or can they jsut fill out the form? I gave my referee's the notice about having to do this a little late....and im not sure if htey will have time....

When i read the OSMAS site, it wasnt really clear if the just the form could be sent ( but i do understand that a letter can only be sent when it is accompanied by the form)....

any ideas?

thanks

Guest Lactic Folly

Q- The instructions state that referees should not send letters of reference, yet on the assessment forms it asks referees to comment on a separate piece of stationery. Which is correct?

A - Applicants should have their referees complete the Confidential Assessment Form, and attach a letter elaborating on the comments provided on the form. The instructions are meant to convey that applicants should not have their referees send letters of reference without the accompanying Confidential Assessment Form.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I think so long as your referee doesn't check the 'NO' box in answer to the question 'Will this person make a good doctor?', you'll be fine. But I'm just looking at things from a UWO point of view- not sure about the other OMSAS schools...

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest blinknoodle

I know last year that some reference letters were mailed to OMSAS in December and everything was fine... not that I recommend that, but if you think your referees need extra time, then give it to them.

-blinknoodle

Archived