Premed 101 Forums

Caveat re: system slowdowns

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Just a wee warning: like many of you, I suppose, I've been working on my OMSAS application for the past 48 hours, pretty much straight. (Hence, it's been nice to leave Ian's board live on another screen and take frequent "breaks". :P ) However, when entering my Ottawa sketch info yesterday I spent an inordinate amount of time waiting for the system to save the information after each entry. ...and this is ten days prior to the deadline! :rolleyes I would assume that, all things being equal, as the deadline approaches, the system may become even slower, so a wee caveat: try not to procrastinate on the OMSAS application, if you can help it. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again all,

Some more potentially useful information re: OMSAS application lag times...

I've been haggling with OMSAS all day in an attempt to get life moving on and submit this application. :lol Wouldn't you know it--it appears that, if you don't feel like hanging out at the computer with a good book at your side while you wait for the system to save your information, then 1am and beyond is a more speedy time to data-enter. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I have been trying to fill in my sketch info for the past three hours and I keep coming up against the most frustrating thing...

After I enter five separate items and press save, the system takes about 3-4 minutes to process, and then shows me the entire sketch, but with ONLY 2 of the items I had previously entered..

??

Is anyone else having this problem? I keep double checking my dates, and everything is in consecutive order..

arg - well I think I'll just leave it until later tonight.

Thanks for the tip, Kirsteen!

Archived