Premed 101 Forums

Autobio + verifiers?

Guest RageoftheDragon

Guest RageoftheDragon

I was reading in the UWO section about the autobiographical sketch, which apparently doesn't matter to UWO, and everyone was saying to put verifiers for each activity, which I figured was a given. Then I started to wonder, should I put a number for each verifier in each entry, or is the separate list of verifiers adequate enough?

The sketch entries themselves don't leave much room for numbers, and I thought the whole point of the description part of each verifier in the verifier's list was so those reading the application could correlate activities to verifiers.

So I guess my main question is, should I jam a number in each sketch entry?

Thanks for any help.

RotD

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Although it is not explicitly stated where the verifier information should go, or if it should even appear within the sketch itself, it seems like a pretty universal approach to add verifier reference numbers within one of the two free-form text boxes of each sketch entry. Think of it this way: if nothing else, embedding those reference numbers within your sketch will avoid ticking off the medical school reviewer, as the case may be if you force them to cross-reference between your sketch and your verifier list. :)

As for where to place the verifier reference numbers, for my sketch, I figured that I'd rather sacrifice text space in the activity "Location" box, (since it's pretty much moot anyway ;) ) than in the "Description" box. So that's what I've done: each of my activities contains a verifier reference number within the "Location" box.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest RageoftheDragon

Hey Kirsteen,

Thanks for the quick and good reply. I've seen a few of your other replies on threads like this, and lemme say that you do an incredible job. Based on these forums alone I'd imagine you'll make a great doc.

RotD

Guest Kirsteen

:o , but you're welcome. (The volume of responses recently is directly proportional to the amount of time I have been married to my computer, wrestling with the laggy OMSAS application and waiting for it to update... like now! :) )

Cheers, and good luck,

Kirsteen

Archived